We are a Europe-wide network of NGOs and other organisations devoted to raise the profile of Education for Democratic Citizenship (EDC) and Human Rights Education (HRE), promote transcultural and transnational cooperation, and enhance the quality of education within these fields.
DARE is registered under Belgian NPO law (Ondernemingsnummer: 480.114.168) as a non profit organization (vereniging zonder winstoogmerk) and has its legal seat in Belgium (DARE network, Tiensesteenweg 77, BE 3010 Leuwen). The network currently consists of 36 members from 26 countries in Europe.
- more: Benefits of Membership
|DARE at the Lifelong Learning Week 2016, Brussels||DARE GA 2016, Rome|
- Exchange of information, contents, methods and staff;
- Common programmes for education and qualification of staff, board members and volunteers in member organisations;
- Advocacy at European level;
- Common educational projects, exchange on standards and good practice
GoalsDARE aims at achieving recognition, visibilitity and adequate resources for EDC and HRE as a core obligation for the formal and non-formal education systems throughout Europe. DARE has been established to address three shortcomings in the present arrangements for NGOs in Europe carrying out invaluable work in EDC and HRE:
- The prevalence of NGOs which tend to work without adequate resources and in isolation, and are therefore inhibited in their access to information, to potential European partners, and to effective lobbying
- The tendency to treat separately the distinct but nonetheless closely interrelated fields of HRE and EDC.
- The distance between research and practice, academia and activists,political scientists and educators in EDC/HRE.